Monday, September 17, 2007

DNN v04.06 Released

The new version of DNN was released yesterday. I downloaded it and got it setup on my test workstation, an XP Pro using SQL2005. Seems to be functioning fine.

The installation went fine, and I use the source version, because I want to inspect the code. I'm still not making any changes to the core codebase, but it helps to see the code, when you have some questions about how it works. Came in handy when looking at the FeedBrowser stuff.

Now, I've heard from others that you might want to setup an install locally of the 'Install' version of DNN to actually use for development purposes. That probably makes sense. I've not done that chore, and really haven't developed using the DNNv4.x platform, so I guess it's time to head down that road. I've got a lot of custom work in the queue, and need to get rolling on pushing out my new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment