Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feed Explorer Broken...

by Phil 'iwonder' Guerra

(Mission, KS) --- I've been using the Feed Explorer module for a bit, so I'm ok with how to set it up and some of the nuances and other tricks using it. However, while investigating an issue for someone else, I've found that there is a problem with it. The Feed Explorer module seems to be busted in v04.09.00 and in v.05.00 rc. I lose the tabs whenever I change the settings for the Feed Explorer's Content Source option. I have to delete the module and recreate it to see them again. Further, this means that I cannot use it for anything other than the default configuration, which is - how do I say it? Very Bogus.

So, it would be helpful to have a Forum for this module, since it is a seperate module, and one that comes with the default setup of DNN. BTW, does anyone else see the same thing in their dnn v04.09.00 and up installs? Losing tabs and inability to configure the module without breaking it.

I did not notice this issue for so long, mainly because I've been so focused on the new release of the News module. Unfortunately, my preference at this stage is to use the Feed Explorer module for situations where I need to aggregate feeds, because I don't like the way that the News modules does it. Now, with this latest issue, I can't use it for DNN sites using versions above v04.06. Hope we can get it fixed soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still no response to the DNN forum post about the issue. At least it would be nice to have a seperate forum for disucssion usage, and issuese, right?

See, this post:
http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Forums/tabid/795/forumid/118/threadid/274054/scope/posts/Default.aspx

It's from 12/11/2009 1:32 PM.

Post a Comment