Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Useful Developer Tools

by Phil 'iwonder' Guerra

--- (Mission, KS) - In this blog entry, I'll list some of the tools I use in working with XML and DNN. Due to the fast changing world of the internet, not all links my work, but at the time of this posting, all were functioning. I don't get paid for this kind of endorsement, so don't hound me, if you don't find the tool useful, or if you run into problems with using it. I can't offer any tutorials on them - because as my friend, Morris 'Uncle' Milton would say, 'Like man it's free!'.

1) PFE32 - Basic Text Editor - I use it because it's much handier than any other ascii text editor, including NotePad.

2) Xselerator - XML/XSL Debugging Tool - This is one great tool for developing and debugging XML and XSL. It used to be a free 30 day trial, but now is an open source project. Even if this tool cost money, I would recommend getting it. I use it most everyday. It's available at Sourceforge, so get it as soon as you can.

That's all for now. I'll post more as I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment